Welcome to our new blog! If you would like to read our previous blogs, click on this link.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Saturday in Mountain Lake

We spent all of last week in Minnesota. The first few days were spent in Mountain Lake with my parents. We arrived in Mountain Lake on Friday night (the 14th). Saturday, our first full day, was a mostly relaxing one. All of the boys (including Mike) got haircuts. My dad and I took the kids to a park. Mike and I got to go out on a date for lunch. I spent some time sifting through boxes of stuff that I saved from high school. I kept just about every note, letter, and program. It was crazy to think back on all of those memories! After supper, we roasted marshmallows over the fire pit. 


I love Silas' expressions in these two pictures. :)



Lydia has no idea of what roasted marshmallows are yet. If she did, she wouldn't have been so content on Daddy's lap.



It had probably been 2 years since the boys roasted marshmallows. From the looks of this picture, we didn't tell them that they were supposed to have marshmallows on the end of their sticks! Then, once we put a marshmallow on Silas' stick, he promptly removed it and ate it...oops, forgot to tell Silas how to roast the marshmallow first. 


Thankfully Grandma and Grandpa can show us how it's done! 



YUM!



No comments:

Post a Comment