Welcome to our new blog! If you would like to read our previous blogs, click on this link.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

One Thing - 2/19/14

It's been a few days since I've posted. They have been full days and I have been extra tired this week. But, they have also been good days, productive days with time spent playing outside for the first time in way too long and some freezer cooking completed with two large dishes of stuffed shells and 10 jars of "refried" beans all of which will be so helpful once the new baby arrives. 

Two things from today- 
When I picked up Jonah from his BSF class this morning, his teachers were so excited to tell me that Jonah had corrected them on their verse from today. They taught the kids "Let the little children come to me" from Matthew 19. Jonah told them that there was more to the verse and that it says "Let the little children come unto me and do not forbid them for of such is the kingdom of heaven." It took me a minute to figure out why he knew that whole verse. Then, I realized that the verse is the first song on Steve Green's Hide Em In Your Heart CD. But, I don't think we have listened to that cd for at least a year. Jonah remembered it! It was hidden in his heart! We used to listen to those CDs over and over again when he was little, Lydia's age little, but we have gotten out of the habit. What a great reminder it was to me that we need to be filling our little ones hearts and minds with truth now so that as they continue to grow they are equipped to test their experiences by what they know is the Truth - the Word.

Lydia had a rough end to her night. As she and Silas were playing and being silly before getting ready for bed, she got her little middle finger slammed in the boys' bedroom door. She started screaming right away. Thankfully, she was able to move it and it only bled slightly from getting a bunch of skin ripped off of both sides of the finger. But, it did start to bruise and swell right away. Lydia got so worked up about the experience. We tried to put ice on it, but she was resisting it. So, Lydia and I rocked and sang for a long time tonight. Mike and I managed to get her into her jammies as she cried and cried. I read her many of her favorite books and just held her tight. She would be ok until she looked at her hand and then she would lose it again. Finally, after 45 minutes, she calmed down and fell asleep in my arms while I was singing and rocking. Although I just hate having sick or hurting kids, I cherish the time I get to spend loving and cuddling them. What a blessing it was tonight to rock my sleeping Lydia while our baby boy kicked like crazy! I go to bed with a full, thankful heart tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment