Welcome to our new blog! If you would like to read our previous blogs, click on this link.

Friday, September 23, 2011

Jonah Lately

The biggest news about Jonah is that he is nearly potty trained! We started just about two weeks ago. Until tonight, he had gone 6 days without an accident! Even with going to church, Bible study, shopping, to the park, on walks...he stayed clean and dry! We are so pleased with his progress. Jonah often goes on his own without our prompting. And, he has even stayed dry during naps. I tried potty training for one day back in May when he was 2 1/2 years old. It was a terrible day! So, I thought I would try again in a month or two. The summer got so busy that I didn't get back to it until 2 weeks ago. I am so glad that I waited until he was older (2 yrs, 10 mos). It has been much easier on me and on him!



Jonah is really enjoying listening to books on tape - yes, cassette tapes. My mom made a whole series of books on tape about 20 years ago for her special ed. students. Jonah has loved inheriting this set! He listens so intently for the bell and turns the pages at the right time.

Eating a tomato straight out of Mommy's garden

No comments:

Post a Comment