Welcome to our new blog! If you would like to read our previous blogs, click on this link.

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Sioux Falls Weekend and Heading Home

On Saturday, we headed to Sioux Falls for an evening at Lifelight - a HUGE, free Christian music festival. We were mainly interested in seeing Sanctus Real and hearing Francis Chan speak. It was a BEAUTIFUL evening. The festival is held at a farm site. It was packed, like over 100,000 people packed.

We really enjoyed Sanctus Real in concert. They are a group that I have always liked their songs on the radio but have never purchased any of their music...until then. Their latest album, Pieces of a Real Heart, has really spoken to me as I have been listening to it recently. It is very honest and hopeful.





Sunday morning, we went to Falls Park in Sioux Falls. Despite living most of my life less than 2 hours from Sioux Falls, I had never been to this park. It was great! I wish we would have had more time to walk around.



Sunday afternoon, we met my parents in Worthington and let the boys play for a little while at a park by a lake. The boys LOVED playing at the little beach by the lake. I think Silas would have crawled right into the water if we would have let him!







We headed home after our short time in Worthington. The boys traveled the last leg of our trip very well. They were tired out from a busy week, but I think they came back feeling refreshed as well. We are thankful to have such wonderful friends and family who we can visit and have our hearts filled. God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment