Welcome to our new blog! If you would like to read our previous blogs, click on this link.

Sunday, June 22, 2014

One Thing - 6/22/14

"How I was coming to realize: My kids don't need to see a supermama. They need to see a mama who needs a Super God. That maybe being the mama I wanted to be wasn't so much about being more but believing more; believing and trusting more in the God of Hagar and Ruth and Hannah, the God who sees me, who nourishes me, who hears me and answers. That godly parenting isn't ultimately a function of rules but having a relationship with an ultimate God. That godly parenting is fueled by God's grace, not my efforts. That maybe it all comes down to this: if I make God first and am most satisfied in His love, I'm released to love my children fully and most satisfactorily."
- Ann Voskamp in the Foreward to "Desperate" by Sarah Mae and Sally Clarkson

No comments:

Post a Comment