Welcome to our new blog! If you would like to read our previous blogs, click on this link.

Thursday, June 5, 2014

One Thing - 6/5/14

Our family of 5 became a family of 6 almost 1 week ago. Sure, we have had our issues here and there with not getting the attention that we want, but overall we have 3 kids who are thrilled that their new little brother is here with us. There are a few things I want to remember from their first visit to us in the hospital just hours after Jude was born. 

Jonah was the first to peek his head into our room. He had the biggest smile on his face! He was carrying a gift for Jude and proceeded to open it for us, so excited about what he had brought. Jonah has always said that he wants lots of kids in our family (25 is usually the number, ha!). Yesterday, even while Jude was being very fussy, Jonah said, "I'm happy that baby Jude is in our family."

Silas was also excited to see his new brother, but he was more concerned about me. He was initially worried that something was wrong. Silas asked questions about why I had all the bracelets and why the IV lock was in my arm. He asked questions about the bed any why it was set up the way it was. And, he wanted me to get out of the bed. I think he wanted to see that I really was ok. Silas has always been more in tune with how people are feeling and has always wanted everyone to be happy. It was so sweet to see his concern for me!

At 20 months old, I don't think Lydia had any idea of what was coming when her baby brother was born. She has spent a lot of time recently playing with her dolls, wrapping them up in blankets, feeding them, and finding all of their body parts. So, I had a feeling that she would be excited to see our baby. I was right! When she walked into the room and saw Jude in my arms, she crawled right up into the bed with me. After looking him over, she started commenting about his blanket and hat and pointed out his eyes, nose, and mouth. At the end of the kids' visit as we were saying goodbye to everyone, I told Lydia that she would be going back home with Grandma and Grandpa and that we would see her the next day. This little girl just about broke my heart when she replied, "Mama home?" Oh, how I wished that I could have gone home with her that night! Other than some attention getting behaviors, Lydia is really doing very well with having our new baby at home. What a blessing!



No comments:

Post a Comment