Welcome to our new blog! If you would like to read our previous blogs, click on this link.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

A New Thanksgiving Tradition

We spent Thanksgiving at home in Wahoo. We haven't spent a Thanksgiving with our family in Minnesota since the year before Jonah was born. And, it is likely that Thanksgivings with our extended family will be very few. So, this year we started a new Thanksgiving tradition for our family - a Thanksgiving tablecloth. I got a neutral colored tablecloth and a fabric pen. We each took turns writing what we were thankful for this year on the tablecloth. I look forward to 5, 10, or even 20 years from now when we will be able to pull out the tablecloth and look back on what we have been thankful for in the years past.
 I wrote Psalm 106:1 in the center of the tablecloth
 Jonah thinking about what he is thankful for
 If I remember right, I think he said God, food, and TV...in that order

 Helping Silas think of something to be thankful for. He didn't give an answer. I spoke for him and wrote Mommy & Daddy and food.

No comments:

Post a Comment