Welcome to our new blog! If you would like to read our previous blogs, click on this link.

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Our Family Lately

It's been a good few weeks in our family. We've had lots of time to hang out and to enjoy each other and the place and stage of life that we are in. What a blessing! 

For Mother's Day, Mike and the boys got me a Kindle Fire (totally unexpected!). Jonah and Mike brought me a beautiful bouquet of pink roses they picked from our bushes outside. And, we enjoyed a meal out to Cheddar's in Omaha. It was a wonderful weekend, and the family made me feel especially loved and appreciated even though they do an amazing job at that year round!

The boys and me on Mother's Day


We have had some hot May days this year, so this past week I pulled out the sprinkler for the boys to enjoy. Jonah thought it was great. Sy didn't like it so much. He fake-whined each time the water touched him. We will have to work on that! :)

Sy preferred to watch the sprinkler



"Water touched me!"

Two happy boys - one wet, one dry :)
Yesterday, we went strawberry picking at an orchard nearby. Just Jonah and I went last year, but we went as a whole family this year. It is early for strawberries in Nebraska. The man at the strawberry patch said that this was the earliest opening they had ever had. The boys had a great time. However, more of the strawberries they picked went into their mouths rather than their buckets! We ended up with 4 ice cream pails full of berries - about 18 pounds. Mike and the boys had a fun time hanging out yesterday afternoon while I took care of the strawberries. I ended up with 21 half-pint jars of jam, one super-yummy strawberry pie, a huge bag full of flash frozen berries, and a small container in the fridge left for us to eat. 



The little one and I are continuing to grow at 22 weeks along. I think we are close to settling on a name for our girl. We will let you know soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment