Welcome to our new blog! If you would like to read our previous blogs, click on this link.

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

One Thing

I'm not a good blogger. That's not news to anyone who regularly checks in on our little blog to see what's going on in the life our family. Over the past year and a half or more, blogging has been put on the back burner. There have been much more important priorities...like keeping our family and home in somewhat of an order! I wouldn't say that I have missed blogging. BUT, what I have missed is being able to look back on this fun way of recording our family's life, our history as we are making it. So, a new thought, a new plan, a new direction for blogging came to mind - One Thing. My goal is to share one thing from our day. It might be a picture (or two or three), a story, a joke (we've got one boy who enjoys making up new jokes and another one who tries but hasn't quite figured it out yet), scripture, a recipe. Just one thing that made me smile, brought joy, challenged me, or made our day what it was. I already know that I am not going to be perfect at this. There will be missed days. There will be days when I don't have the energy or inspiration to even post One Thing. But, at some point at every day I feel overwhelmingly blessed to be the wife and mom in our little family and to know and daily experience the amazing grace of God through His son Jesus Christ. And, sharing on our blog is one way in which God is glorified for the great things he has done!

"This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

"The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23

"So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom." Psalm 90:12

No comments:

Post a Comment