Welcome to our new blog! If you would like to read our previous blogs, click on this link.

Monday, May 12, 2014

One Thing - 5/12/14

Our Mother's Day yesterday was sweet...

Lydia and I hung out during Sunday School

During nursery, the kids made Mother's Day cards. I just LOVE how Silas wrote out my name "jooili."

After church, we picked up some lunch to enjoy at home.

Everyone surprised me with a thoughtful gift...
A Dutch oven! I have been wanting one for quite some time. Now to try out some new recipes!

All of us rested/napped in the afternoon. Then, we went to another graduation party that was held at a church about a block and a half away so we were able to walk. We enjoyed visiting with people there until the thunder started rolling. With the threat of severe storms, we decided we had better make our way home. Not too long after we got home we needed to move to the basement. Thankfully, even though the sirens went off and we were in tornado and severe thunderstorm warnings, all we got was very heavy rain. And, we got about an hour and a half of quality family time playing together!

I am so thankful for our family and the time we have to spend together whether or not it is Mother's Day. But, the extra hugs and the extra "I love yous" sure were sweet!


No comments:

Post a Comment