Welcome to our new blog! If you would like to read our previous blogs, click on this link.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

One Thing - 5/14/14

We had a great day today! This morning, we got together with some friends at the boys' favorite park which is in a tiny town about 15 minutes away. The weather was gorgeous! I think we could have been there all day long, but little sister started getting a bit grumpy and tired around 11:30. So, we headed home for lunch and naps. Not long after naps, Mike came home to mow the lawn. I purchased annuals last Saturday but hadn't been able to get pots planted. So, the kids and I headed outside to work on them. It was a perfect afternoon to be out! Lydia had a great time "helping" me with the flowers. The project definitely took longer than I expected, but the extra time spent was well spent with my busy toddler as well as stopping for a few minutes here and there to visit with friends who happened to be walking or driving past our house. By the time I was finished with the flowers and Mike finished the yard, it was 6:45pm. Mike gave all of the kids baths while I made supper. Then, we ended our night by sitting at the table with clean kiddos in jammies at 7:30pm for supper. Definitely not the norm around here but wonderful nonetheless!

Lydia had no problem digging right into the dirt with me.



No comments:

Post a Comment