Welcome to our new blog! If you would like to read our previous blogs, click on this link.

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Another Busy Week

The week after VBS my parents came back to Wahoo to do more house projects and babysitting. Although I usually just work one half day a week, I worked a full week last week as the SLP I work with was on vacation. So, the boys got to spend the week with Grandma. Grandpa spent the week tearing up linoleum in the entry and in our kitchen and replacing it with tile. It looks soooo much better now! The task of getting up the old flooring was horrendous in the kitchen. I think my dad spent more time trying to get it up than he did laying the new tile. We spent the week with the refrigerator in our dining room and the stove in the garage. Any cooking had to be done by slow cooker or microwave. Kudos to my mom for rising to the challenge and making great meals all week! It was an extremely hot week, so the boys went out for short walks but mostly stayed inside. The county fair was going on during the week. We didn't make it to the fairgrounds, but we did go to the parade downtown. It was one HOT night. We were running late and didn't get there in time to find any shade. I took a few pictures and with each one Jonah's cheeks got redder and redder. The boys got lots of candy, more than I can ever remember getting in a parade. And, most of it is still sitting in a bowl in the cupboard. Both of the boys enjoyed watching the bands, the floats, and, of course, the trucks and tractors!



Lots of people handed out freezies - great for cooling down

Sy liked them too!

And wanted to hold his own

And did okay until blue raspberry juice was going everywhere

And got really upset when we took it away. Poor boy!

Jonah had fun even though he was super overheated

He and Mike ate lots of freezies - see all those in Mike's hand?

At the end, I remembered I had an ice pack with for Sy's supper

Perfect way to cool down!

No comments:

Post a Comment