Welcome to our new blog! If you would like to read our previous blogs, click on this link.

Saturday, August 27, 2011

One More Room

Another room is completed! Silas' room has been waiting on its finishing touches for a number of months now. I finally took some time to do the little projects I wanted to do for his room. His room ended up with an Eric Carle/animals theme.


We found the Brown Bear, Brown Bear wall stickers at Target. They are what started the room's theme. My mom made the quilt hanging over the rocking chair, which I bought off of Craigslist.


The picture on the left was something my mom made for my sister's and my room when we were babies. I recovered the lampshade with brown dotted fabric. It previously was blue with little white hearts. I made the two framed animals on the wall. They were super simple just two different fabrics and some heat 'n bond. The frames I purchased for $1 total at the thrift store in town.




Mike's mom had found these Eric Carle number flashcards at a garage sale not knowing that Silas' room had Eric Carle wall stickers. The set of cards is now missing three! I used the matching fabric from the lampshade and animal pictures to make little ribbon hangers.


And, one last picture. I had posted previously about our finished living room, but the flooring was still carpet. This is the living room now that the new floor is in. We LOVE it!


1 comment:

  1. Julie, Everything looks so good! I love your living room flooring! You've done a great job making your house into a home!! :)

    ReplyDelete